Search This Blog

Saturday, March 30, 2013

New bathroom ceiling!

Ever since I put Venetian plaster on my bathroom walls, I have wanted to put the copper ceiling tiles as well. I was completely infatuated with the look and what I thought would b easy. Then I priced it!! Wow! I had a good friend with me and she was surprised I was even considering it. She suggested I get the wallpaper that looked like ceiling tiles. What a great idea!

Since I hung wallpaper professionally for several years I wasn't afraid of it in the least! (Granted I am a few years older!) and I already had the copper paint from another project. It was the Martha Stewart metallic paint. I thought it had way too much fuchsia in it so had The Home Depot make it match the copper tiles. Which I felt they did really well.

I did let it dry several days before I painted just to be sure-now my age and capabilities had NOTHING to do with this! Lol! I restained all the crown molding(I had removed it for the project) put a fresh coat of Deft on it and I was good to go. It was worse for wear! The molding had been up almost 35 years in the hall bathroom. 3 kids with daily showers had completely ruined the finish.

It's shown here along with my quilted shower curtain. I love how it turned out and am considering it for my kitchen ceiling as well



No comments:

Post a Comment