Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring has sprung


in Round Valley which = WIND! Ask anyone from here or that currently lives here and we all know what that means. Thus far, we have had a decent spring without a lot of wind. SO, we are paying for it now. While I LOVE it here, I could easily leave Jan or Feb 1 and not return until May. Only in May because you wouldn't have any yard if you didn't return. We still have some wind but you do get some nice days. Besides, if you didn't start your yard in May, you wouldn't have one all summer, you'd never catch up. You wanna know how I know that???

We have had a very cold winter and the other day I actually verbalized I would be glad for the wind just to be DONE with winter! Ha!

Irrigation starts April 15 so Steve has been busy cleaning and burning ditches. I realized I am always anxious this time of year! It's so easy for the fire to "get away" from you and it seems to me, it does quite regularly.

The fire department came to ride herd on our burning this year and it was really quite a relief. Besides, Rhett's kids were here and they thought it was great fun. Watching the "fire hiders"! Thanks to the Eagar Fire Department and their volunteers.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bonnie B...found ya :o) Now I'll be blog stalking you, too!

    ReplyDelete